On September 23, Friday, our IT service company was on-site to work on overheating switches and some VPN setups.
After this visit, two computers in the office immediately started having problems with slow DMS server response on Monday. The problem is still unresolved. (The DMS Server is our inventory database, etc.)
I have tried the following troubleshooting which did not resolve the problem:
1) Changed the user profile to connect to DMS - Still slow.
2) Changed the actual Network Cable that connects from the computer to the wall jack. - This actually fixed the problem for a day, but then it became slow again the next day.
3) Reinstalled DMS program on the computer - This actually improved the speed by a bit, but as the day progressed, it became slow again.
4) Restarted the DMS Server. - This actually fixed the problem for a day, but then it became slow again.
5) I have also moved the computer out of that room and switched it with another. Once out of that room it started working fine. And the replacement computer started experiencing the slowness within a day.
Access to the main email server, internet speed and overall use of the computers have all been normal, just the DMS server response time is super slow. No one else is having this issue.
I would go back to the IT company we use, but they have repeatedly said that it wasn't anything they have done. And that it could be something caused by "chatter" on our network. Or interfering devices such as cheap netgear switches that we may have on our network. And we really don't want to pay them extra for the hours for them to troubleshoot this problem.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by Patty Liu, 31 October 2016 - 12:23 PM.