Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

radeon 480x issues

Best Answer racenutalways , 31 October 2016 - 05:47 PM

un-stalling driver ans re-installing them through the disc fixed the issue Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts

I replaced my radeon 7770 with a radeon RX480 GPU and it installed without issues. However, when I try to play previously played games( I only tried 2), One game starts but is so laggy it isn't playable at all, other game says I need DX11 compatible GPU, checked with dxdial.exe utility, which I do have. Other issue, I have 2 monitors, only one comes to life, when I open AMD Radeon Settings, it says I have no AMD Radeon installed. I checked device manager, 480 is there, I clicked update driver through the search online option, it found new driver and installed it properly. I am gonna try to un-install AMD drivers and re-install the driver that came on a disc with RX480.

I have 600 watt PSU.

windows 10

8gb memory

Advertisements

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts
✓  Best Answer

un-stalling driver ans re-installing them through the disc fixed the issue