Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP ProDesk 405 G2 MT Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Service Pack 1 "

HP ProDesk 405 G2 MT Windows

Best Answer bonezz777 , 09 November 2016 - 04:34 AM

yes i know it won't fit and why i linked a displayport to hdmi adaptor that you would need to use with the cable you ordered. :- https://www.amazon.c...Z61200J1F39CHWB sorry if i didn't word m... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

bonezz777

bonezz777

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Need Help Please on this EXACT computer, Look at specs of it & my AVAILIABLE Connections on back of my HP to hook up to my tv....Thank You for Your Time & Experiance

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

VGA (out) is the only video connector on the back of a HP ProDesk 405 G2 MT. Which would be fine as long as your TV also has a VGA (in) connector.

bonezz777

bonezz777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Hello SpywareDr, Thanks for Your Response; I don't know what a VGA is/what it looks like, I have my monitor connected to a female blue 15 pin....Right beside it is a lite blue 15 pin male. I'd like to have the monitor & Vizio tv model  (D43 C1) both work if possible, Also, the tv has a HDMI connection, not a screw on type like on the computer where monitor is hooked up...Thanks,Tim

bonezz777

bonezz777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Hello SpywareDr, I did some more research & found the specs sheet on my computer and port # 5 is a HDMI, So I ordered this cable from ebay for 11.00 free ship, it says it supports audio/video::Cable Mix::HDMI combines both audio and video into one convenient cable, so it's all you need to connect your HDTV to your A/V receiver, Blu-Ray / DVD player, Microsoft XBOX ONE, Microsoft XBOX 360, Sony PlayStation 4,::Aurum Platinum Series - High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - Supports 3D & Audio Return Channel [Latest Hdmi Version Available]. I Think I solved this ....Thank You, Tims-l1600.jpg

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Went to HP this morning and according to what I found there, (see below), it looks like you also have a "DisplayPort 1.2 Monitor Connector".

HP.com > QuickSpecs > HP ProDesk 405 G2 Microtower Business PC

Page 2 (of 74) - (See attachment below)

Number 5 is DisplayPort
Number 6 is VGA (Video Graphics Array)

Number 10 is not video, it's a 9-pin serial port (RS-232), for modems, serial printers etc.

Do NOT see a HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface)

--

Wikipedia: DisplayPort
Wikipedia: VGA
Wikipedia: RS-232
Wikipedia: HDMI

hp_prodesk_405_g2_back_01.jpg

Edited by SpywareDr, 03 November 2016 - 08:46 AM.

bonezz777

bonezz777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Hello SpywareDr,  Thanks for the info, Is #5 going to work for connecting my tv?, and #6 is where my monitor is connected, I think ?...Tim

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Depend on the input ports on your TV and computer Monitor.

1) Who is the manufacturer of your TV and what is the model number?

2) Who is the manufacturer of your Monitor and what is the model number?

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

if 5 is a displayport then a simple displayport to hdmi will work with the cable you've ordered. :- https://www.amazon.c...Z61200J1F39CHWB

everything you need to know about displayport :- http://www.displayport.org/faq/

quick guide to different display connection types. :- http://www.digitaltr...layport-vs-vga/

:popcorn:

Edited by terry1966, 04 November 2016 - 01:52 PM.

bonezz777

bonezz777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Hello SpywareDr, My monitor is a dell flat screen, my tv is a vizio model D43-C1...Thanks

bonezz777

bonezz777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Hello Terry1966, Thank You for Your input, I checked out Your links, Very good & informative, nice to know I didn't screw up; Cant wait till my cable gets here;..~~Thanks again~~ Tim :cheers:

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

VIZIO Store > D43-C1 > TechSpecs

Video

Resolution 1920 x 1080 (1080p)

Inputs

HDMI Ports 2 (1 bottom / 1 side)
Component 1 (bottom)
Composite 1 (bottom)
TV Tuner 1 (bottom)
USB Ports 1 (side)

So, with an adapter like terry1966 linked to above, you would be able to plug into the DisplayPort on the back of your computer over to to either of the HDMI ports on your TV.

Computer_DisplayPort--->DisplayPort_to_HDMI_Adapter--->HDMI_cable-->Either_TV_HDMI_port

Of course this is assuming your "Dell flat screen" is connected to your computer's VGA port.

Note: Dell makes numerous "Dell flat screen" monitors, with a wide variety of "video in" connectors. For use to find out which ones yours might have would require a model number. Or, you could simply look at the back of yours and see what's available.

Edited by SpywareDr, 04 November 2016 - 04:51 PM.

bonezz777

bonezz777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Hello SpywareDr, Thanks, I'll take a look & see what monitor it is; Is it possible to go from my monitor to tv ? assuming it has rite connection....Thanks, Tim

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Don't believe I've ever seen a Dell monitor with an "out" port, but you never know. What's the model number on yours and we'll look it up?

Edited by SpywareDr, 05 November 2016 - 08:35 AM.

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

only way to go from a monitor to the tv (daisy chain.) is if the monitor was a displayport monitor where it would have 2 displayport connections on it, 1 input 1 output.

here's an example.

"How to Configure dell U2415 Monitor Daisy Chaining"

http://www.dell.com/...t1/SLN295251/EN

you'd need to use the hdmi adaptor on the output of the monitor to the tv.

if you just want dual screens using the monitor and tv though, like spywaredr said just connect monitor to vga port and tv to displayport.

:popcorn:

Edited by terry1966, 07 November 2016 - 11:18 AM.

bonezz777

bonezz777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Hi  terry1966, The cable will not fit that I ordered, the display port on my computer has a little differant socket, than the hdmi socket on my tv; They are shaped the same, but the one on the computer, has 2 little down turned pieces, one on left & right side of the center contact point; ? So what do I do now ?, Get a refund or Maybe "try" to shave off those little "guides"??, Thanks for any helpful ideas...Tim :help:

Edited by bonezz777, 08 November 2016 - 05:07 AM.