Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

open GL

• Please log in to reply

fiskebob

fiskebob

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hey everyone...

everytime i start soldier of fortune it comes up with an error "open gl complient could not be found" i read the help readme and it told me to update my graphix driver, the problem is that i dont know what grapix driver i have, ive been looking for a program called gl setup who clames thay can find my driver and update it. but their website isent working or somthing and all other websites who have a downloadable version all end in dead links! can somone please tell me were to download it, or any other soultions would be greatly appriciated

Advertisements

astrophysicist

astrophysicist

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
You can find your drivers by doing the following: START -> RUN, type "devmgmt.msc" without the quotes -> OK -> Click tab for Display Adapters -> right click your vid card -> properties -> Driver Tab -> Driver Details.....this should list all drivers you have for that device. Also, there is an option for "Update Driver" in the Driver Tab window. Perhaps try this option, however it doesn't always find the new ones.

Another option would be to go to the manufacturers webpage and search for drivers for your model - download the most recent.

**EDIT**

Also, try this advice from ControlSet00x in another post:

"download EVEREST from its website (do a google search for everest download).
it's a utility that tells you everything about your system (and it's free!)
once you've seen what your vid card is just do a google search for it and you should find a site with the drivers available for download."

Edited by astrophysicist, 17 June 2005 - 08:37 AM.

fiskebob

fiskebob

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I still dont know what driver i have i downloaded the program you told me to but i didn't get it.... aney way i saved the log. please take a look at it and see if you can :tazz: me

Attached Files

Edited by fiskebob, 17 June 2005 - 07:39 PM.

GenRabbit

GenRabbit

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It told me very little that I'd like to know.
Check out your computers exact name. Its a Fujitsu Siemens, but what more? It seems to use a Gigabyte Mainboard. You have to know what graphic card it has. The tech info on the motherboard says AGPx1 (or so it seems), that limits its choices alot.

Look in the manual that followed it and see what it says.

Edited by GenRabbit, 18 June 2005 - 09:07 AM.

astrophysicist

astrophysicist

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Fiskebob,

Perhaps try looking here. Download the "Utility Driver Diagnosis" - this is a program from your computer's manufacturer designed to find the drivers you need for your motherboard. This will help if you have a built-in graphics controller which may be the case since it does not show up in your log. If this doesn't help your OpenGL problem, you will still get the most up to date drivers for your motherboard, which doesn't hurt :tazz: .

Also, if you do have a built-in graphics card some games have a difficult time recognizing OpenGL capabilities. For example, Knights of the Old Republic couldn't be played on my laptop because it had built-in graphics card even though I passed every other test and had used OpenGL before. Just keep this in mind...