Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Access Violation

access violation legacyFS.exe legacy8 familysearch.org

• Please log in to reply

Hankster71

Hankster71

• Pip
  • 2 posts

When trying to autologin from Legacy Family Tree to FamilySearch.org integrated program I get

Access Violation Message (see below).

None of the recommended fixes from Legacy have fixed it and Family Search Tech had me change

my user name and password to no avail.

The weird thing is that I can't use the service from any computer.

My O/S is Win 7 Home Premium.

Access violation at address 00752C45 in Module 'LegacyFS.exe'. Read of

address 0000000C.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Access violation at address 00752C45 in Module 'LegacyFS.exe'. Read of

address 0000000C.

Sounds like either a corrupt LegacyFS.exe program file, an incompatibility between the LegacyFS.exe program and some other program running on your computer, or it might be a bad/flaky RAM (random access memory) module.

Can you autologin from Legacy Family Tree to FamilySearch.org after booting the computer up in Safe Mode with Networking?

Hankster71

Hankster71

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

What made this problem hard to narrow down was that it was happening on both of my computers.

It turned out that I had a corrupt download of a legacy 8 update, and I used the downloaded file on

a flash drive on the second computer.  Dumb, I know.

To correct the situation I had to uninstall, and download updated version, re-install, and reload

original family files.  Voila!  I was back in business.

Thanks for your response, SpywareDr.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

You're welcome.

Good to hear you got the problem resolved. Thanks for letting us know.

RolandJS

RolandJS

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

For the benefit of others with a similar problem, I found out that sometimes a security program is too assertively set and "indirectly blocks" an EXE.  And, I will remember your solution also.  :)