Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 update to Windows 10

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

mikicejames485

mikicejames485

• Pip
  • 2 posts

anyone tell me how to upgrade windows 7 into windows 10.

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Yes its pretty easy, just insert your disc or whatever media your Win 10 came on ( having altered your BIOS boot priority to suit) and then boot into the Win 10 installation application and follow on screen directions.

Do check your back ups to make sure you are 100% happy with them before you start.

if you don't have a  correctly licenced copy of Win 10 then you will need to buy one, but do run the Microsoft upgrade tool first to check to see if your computer is compatible.

https://www.microsof...ails.aspx?id=20

The free upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 ended just over 3 months ago

regards

paws

fit4life

fit4life

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, (downloaded the free version before it expired) and I hated it. I tried to revert back to windows 7 before time ran out and it messed up so badly that I backed up everything I wanted to keep, installed a brand new hard-drive and re-installed windows 7. I couldn't find anything using windows 10.