Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP Theme

• Please log in to reply

Vinty33

Vinty33

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am running Windows XP Pro and when I select the Windows XP theme, from desktop properties, the wall paper changes to the "Bliss" wallpaper but the Theme is still the Windows Classic theme. For some reason I can not get the Windows XP theme (the cartoonish style) to display. How can I fix this? Thanks.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
right click on your task bar and click properties. click the start menu tab and then check the box that says start menu instead of classic

Vinty33

Vinty33

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Its already checked. I think this may have to do with the Registry files? .. I recently was infected with the Trojan Smitfraud.c virus and that changed my wallpaper to this fake security warning and my desktop properties only showed the ScreenSaver and Settings tabs. I spent 15+ hours scanning and trying to fix this.. and finally this morning everything was back to normal except the Windows XP theme. The things i used before this happened was this Hoster program and the DelDomains.inf. :tazz: