Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Initiate new HDD with DiskWizard for Win 10 installation

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

barneyhelper

barneyhelper

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

I have a Dell 9100 desktop computer running windows XP. I would like to replace my C: drive with a new HDD and install OEM version of windows 10 on it. Can I use Seagate's Disk Wizard to prepare new HDD for windows 10?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Hello Barneyhelper,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Windows 10 may not run on your computer, the latest drivers available are for XP and Dell state here the following

Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade

Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.

Had you been running Vista there is a chance that Windows 10 may run but before purchasing any Windows 10 installation media I would suggest that if you can you borrow Windows 10 media and see if it will install else you may find yourself out of pocket. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Not heard back from you Barneyhelper, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.