Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SKYPE link clicked from friends hacked account help please [Solved]

skype; advert link; malicious

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

Hello, thanks for letting me know things look ok. I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly each time.

Hello,
You're quite welcome, it's my pleasure. :)

Here is the log. It didnt remove the Emsisoft not sure if that matters. Yes I always have malwarebytes and try to run it daily along with my antivirus, it seems like a helpful prog.

No worries, the log looks good. It doesn't really matter with Emisoft, it'll be ok.

I wanted to ask you about software security. I have used AVG for a long time. I usually have the professional version however as I've just moved to a laptop so I've installed free avg until I decide what might be better. Can you recommend what might be best? It seems to be running a little quicker.

I personally do not use AVG, I use Avast anti-virus the free version on my personal machines. I use it in conjunction with the paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I don't like AVG that much as it doesn't like to leave a system cleanly when being uninstalled and their customer support system leaves much to be desired. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Advertisements

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

thank you for your help.  Is everything ok now?  I know you say stay with you until you confirm it is. 

If that is the case I very much appreciate your help and I'll leave a review.

Happy Holidays!

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

thank you for your help.  Is everything ok now?  I know you say stay with you until you confirm it is. 

If that is the case I very much appreciate your help and I'll leave a review.

Happy Holidays!

You're quite welcome, it's my pleasure. :) I see no further issues, and I believe we're good to go. If you have any further problems, please don't hesitate to come see us. :thumbsup:

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Pystryker

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

There was just one other thing I forgot to mention!  I noticed that when browsing using firefox for some reason the font looks really small.  Should I just refresh Firefox on their home page?  Not sure what that is about.  Other browsers are fine. thanks

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

I've posted my review as you requested.  Thanks :)

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

There was just one other thing I forgot to mention!  I noticed that when browsing using firefox for some reason the font looks really small.  Should I just refresh Firefox on their home page?  Not sure what that is about.  Other browsers are fine. thanks

Hello :)

You can change the font size by starting Firefox and then by holding down the CTRL key and then turning the wheel on your mouse to either decrease or increase the size of the font.  If your mouse doesn't have a wheel, you can change the font size by doing the following:

Click on Tools, then Options, then Content.

You can then change the Font and the size of it. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much for your review!  I very much appreciate your kind words!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. :)

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

thanks so much really helplful.

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

thanks so much really helplful.

You're very welcome. :)

Safe surfing!

Pystryker :wave:

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.