Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Local Admin Account in a Domain

• Please log in to reply

The_KiD

The_KiD

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hey guys, I have yet another problem/question. I am trying to catch up on all the little jobs that I have been putting off for the last few months.

Todays job is locking down security.

The company that created our main application keeps the servers it runs on maintained and up to date, so they need to have full admin access to the 3 servers it runs off.

Now they connect to us using our Citrix system and up until now they have had Domain admin status. I know this shouldnt be done, but we have a very good relationship with them.

So today I figured I would remove their domain admin status and make it so they are admins of the 3 servers they need to be, therefore limiting what they have access to.

I would normally sort this out by going to the machine they will be working on and adding the user id to the Local Administrators group, however when I go into control panel on the servers they do not have a "useres and computers" option.

So my question is, how can I make them admin of the 3 servers and not have access anywhere else on the network?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Uhm, what server os are you using?

More importantly, what are these servers ? Are they domain controllers, file servers....what?

The_KiD

The_KiD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
SOrry I am guilty of the one thing I hate most, providing no useful info.

However I have now solved the problem anyways :tazz:

Thanks!