Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

purchasing new desk top pc can I still get windows 7

- - - - - tech preview

• Please log in to reply

alaskaborn

alaskaborn

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I am purchasing a new desktop PC and I'm on a budget of roughly $500.  I want to get a Dell or HP but I do not want windows 10.  How does a person get a new computer with windows 7 on it? I do not game, I do not watch movies, I do not store miles of photos. I use my computer mostly for editing text and surfing.  Any good suggestions for a person on a budget? Am I fooling myself that I can get a NEW computer that still has windows 7 on it? I don't do anything Wi Fi and I only need the tower (no screen, or speakers).

Edited by alaskaborn, 17 November 2016 - 03:35 AM.

Advertisements

wasilla

wasilla

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Thank you Freebooter, I have a learning disability and I think Windows 10 would just be too confusing for me. I want to stay with 7 which I know fairly well.  Is it possible to purchase a copy of windows 7 and have a shop install in on the new computer?  Would that be stupid?

wasilla

wasilla

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Yes you can purchase Windows 7 but you have to ask your local PC technician to install it for you if you can't do it yourself.

Thank you, I think I'll do that.  Is windows 7 still available?