Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER. ntsokernal.exe reported from bluescreenview

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

ajoddo20

ajoddo20

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi so I got this message once last week when I booted up, and the PC auto restarted and was fine. Was away for the weekend and came back to turn my PC on and I'm stuck getting this message and infinite reboot error reboot cycle. Things I have tried:

Taking out each RAM stick and trying just one at a time, still the same error.

Uninstalled malware bytes (read a few people with this error uninstsalling it and being fine)

Having only keyboad, mouse, and monitor plugged in

and now I installed bluescreenview and its reporting ntsokernal.exe and 0x00000019. Here is a link to the minidump files, I guess there is full dump files? Could not find the file path to those however.

https://www.sendspac...WNPYIXwCs3o/...

Is it possible that both RAM sticks went faulty at the same time? Even If i'm in safe mode does that mean RAM could still be faulty. I haven't done memtest86 yet, was hoping something would show up in the dump files about a driver or something. I am writing from the faulty computer right now in safe mode with networking. I don't know how to read the dump files otherwise I would. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by ajoddo20, 22 November 2016 - 11:01 AM.

Advertisements

ajoddo20

ajoddo20

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

If ever test RAM modules with Memtest86+ software make sure to run it at least 5 times.

Can you update all your computer device drivers to latest one from website of the manufacturer of your computer, motherboard or device.

Also update MSI software's like MSI control panel software. 

Yes I can it is custom built not dell or anything I have MSI motherboard so I can download all drivers from their site and see if that works.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:   ajoddo20,

ntsokernal.exe 0x00000019 can be caused by various things with network drivers being one of the most common among them.

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.

2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.

3. Upload the zip folder using the More Reply Options tab then the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Not heard back from you ajoddo20, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.