Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I want to build a booking website, how should I do it?

booking website online cms drupal wordpress magento servoy courses course

• Please log in to reply

siebrand030

siebrand030

• Pip
  • 1 posts

See attached files for an example.

On the website I want to offer an overview of different language schools. This should be the page of one of the schools. I was wondering how I could build a system like this.

Attached Thumbnails

• Wireframe1.png

Advertisements

AlexSpoettel

AlexSpoettel

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

You would need a database where all the information is stored and accessible. Storing and presenting the course data would be the main core of your service. I suggest that you build a datastructure first , you can start with question like this.

What data do I need ? ​​​

You need to write down (maybe even on paper) what kind of information a course has to have in your database. You basically translate your draft into maintainable chunks of information/variables. Lets look at the draft. A course as to have the following pieces of information attached to it:

school (string) - A text string that contains the name of the school that offers is

price (number) - The price of the course per day/week. Most importantly it is a number. but can either be a float (600,00) or an integer (600) depending on the language you use. You have to decide which info will be used.

arrival (string) - The date of arrival could be stored in a string like "23/11/2016" . There are other methods but this doesnt really matter.

departure (string) - The date of departure could be stored in a string like "23/11/2016" . There are other methods but this doesnt really matter.

number of courses (number) - A number that indicates how many courses are about to be booked

course type (string) - Your course type. Could be a number as well if you predefine categories like "1 = general english"

course subtype (string) - Your course subtype. Could be a number as well if you predefine categories like "1 = general english"

description (string) - The description of the current selection

This is just an example and you need to of course edit it for the operations you will need in the end.

Now you could go and access each of these pieces of information and work with them. There is alot of programming involved. Want to know the price ? Multiply the number of courses with the price per unit once you downloaded/accessed that information from the database. You would need a programmer for this.

If you are good with excel you could even prototype your database in there. Just one question :

What is the arrival date and departure date for ? What will be calculated with that info ?