Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

dell inspiron 5558 epsa pre-boot system assessment automatic run

epsa pre-boot system dell inspiron 5558 bios

• Please log in to reply

Muniruzzaman Munir

Muniruzzaman Munir

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

When I power on dell inspiron 5558 laptop "epsa pre-boot system assessment" diagnostic tools automatic run . Sometime not run epsa pre-boot system assessment. After completing the test , All test result show pass, only Hard-disk show running . 

How to off "epsa pre-boot system assessment" diagnostic tools. 

Advertisements

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Even do all test passes you still may have hardware issue which launches Dell hardware diagnostic tool to disable this tool have a look at BIOS setup see if there is setting to disable this tool. If you cannot disable the Dell hardware diagnostic tool run HDD diagnostic tool on your hard disk drive you can download the HDD diagnostic tool from HDD manufacturer website. If you want to test system memory create your self a Memtest86+ bootable CD and run this Memtest86+ software more than five time to make sure system memory is in working condition.

Edited by FreeBooter, 24 November 2016 - 10:41 AM.

Muniruzzaman Munir

Muniruzzaman Munir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I completed MEMTest & Hard Disk test , not yet solved that problem. When I get the problem, next reboot after Then I pressing spacebar , Then Laptop running good. 

Note : Pressing other key not worke. Only spacebar pressing is working. 

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Have a look for new BIOS firmware releases maybe this is patch by new BIOS firmware.

Muniruzzaman Munir

Muniruzzaman Munir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

All Ready I updated bios firmware .  yet not working. 

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Power on your computer only with AC adapter connected to see issue resolves if it does then battery causing the issue.

Power on your computer with only battery connected to see issue resolves if it does then AC adapter causing the issue.

Disconnect all externally attached devices this include CD/DVD media.

Have you check the BIOS to see if there is a way to disable Dell Diagnostic software?