Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Edge takes up huge amounts of memory (Resolved).

Best Answer phillpower2 , 25 November 2016 - 06:20 AM

Hello Tollerowner, Couple of questions if I may; Was Windows 10 an upgrade or a clean install. After the upgrade or clean install did you install the latest drivers for the chipset a... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Tollerowner

Tollerowner

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

At times my computer bogs down horribly.  Loading Taskmanager, which can take several minutes, shows Edge taking up 1gb of memory (more or less).  It is usually 100mb or so.

I have two other computers using Edge, and they seem fine.

Is there any fix for this?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello Tollerowner,

Couple of questions if I may;

Was Windows 10 an upgrade or a clean install.

After the upgrade or clean install did you install the latest drivers for the chipset and any network devices.

Do you actually use Edge or another browser.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

Edit by phillpower2: Just noticed your earlier thread here regarding migrating favourites from Edge to another browser, if you intend changing browsers it serves no purpose in troubleshooting Edge memory leakage, please advise as to which thread you wish to continue with.

Tollerowner

Tollerowner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

might be okay now.  I have changed to Chrome after figuring out how to move my favorites.

I wanted to stay on Edge, but that just didn't look like it was going to happen.

Thanks though.