Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC stuttering/possible DDR3 memory conflict. (Resolved)

Best Answer iammykyl , 02 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

Thanks for the update.I think you are no longer performing an upgrade, new MB, RAM, CPU and GPU, new clean install of OS/drivers to the SSD, it is really a new build.Best to start another topic, li... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,765 posts

HDD looks ok but would keep a check on the Seek Error Rate, if it starts dropping nearer to 45 don`t trust it.

SSD gets 100%  :thumbsup:

Advertisements

sierrahotel

sierrahotel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Ok, I'll keep an eye on it. Just waiting for parts to arrive as I update my pc fully.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,765 posts

Acknowledged  :thumbsup:

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

Now that you have upgraded to a SSD and formatted the old HDD, topic here > http://www.geekstogo...-3#entry2586603

Can you tell us if computer performance has unproved?   

Let us know if you are still having the same problems, or any new ones?

What do you want to do with the old HDD? 

sierrahotel

sierrahotel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Right now the PC is much faster at start up thanks to the SSD. All issues with slowness and stuttering are gone since formatting the HDD. I am using the HDD for storage only so long as it remains healthy. I expect a new mobo, GPU and CPU to arrive this week. Last week the DDR4 ram arrived.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
✓  Best Answer

Thanks for the update.

I think you are no longer performing an upgrade, new MB, RAM, CPU and GPU, new clean install of OS/drivers to the SSD, it is really a new build.

Best to start another topic, listing the new parts and those that are being reused.

Also note, if your current OS version is an OEM one, it is not transferable to a new MB, you will need to purchase another one. 

sierrahotel

sierrahotel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

I just checked my product ID and it shows OEM. :bashhead:

This started off as an upgrade but has become a new build. So I have to get a new OS. Which should I choose? If I were to get Win 7 again, could I just use the product key of the new one or something? I have already installed Win 7 on the SSD. Do I have to wipe/format it? 

I'll start a new topic and place the link here.

Edited by sierrahotel, 02 January 2017 - 07:21 PM.