Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why is my MMS address requested?

• Please log in to reply

waytogo26

waytogo26

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I have an iPhone and was asked today by an acquaintance with Spot Tracker -- "I need you to send a text from your phone to my computer email address so I can get your MMS address of your phone".   

Last time he asked, I sent him a text, no questions asked.   But now I am very leary of this, especially since I changed cell phone providers just 2 days ago.   Does anyone know if this is an attempt to track me somehow?

Advertisements

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

Hi waytogo26,

There isn't any more possibility of tracking you by the MMS email address (aka MMS Gateway) than what can be done through your phone number itself. Nothing to worry there.

Beside the point that someone is not really forced to get this info through your willingness.... Just head over to this site http://www.freesmsgateway.info (just one for an example, there are many such services) and he can get this info easily and free.

AndresI

AndresI

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Are you interested in using a tracking app?