Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC doesn´t connect to internet [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Piratacobra

Piratacobra

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Hello, i have a Siragon NB 3100 laptop running windows 7 and a JMicron Fast ethernet card. about a month ago, it stopped connecting to internet. I plug in the cable, the card starts seaching and then appears the red "X" as if there is no cable present

I have discarted internet provider problems, because in connects instantly and without problems with an older PC with win XP

I have discarted hardware related problems with the ethernet card, because i linked the same old pc with the laptop via a crossed network cable and they share files and connect with no problems

the strangest thing is that when I plug in in the cable, the card starts searching and then the ethernet card icon starts "appearing" and "disappearing" for every 30 seconds, and ALSO the ddlhost.exe starts "appearing" and "disappearing"

I run avast and Malawerebytes with no result, so this escapes from my basic know-how. I hope you people can help me.

I attached the requested FRST diagnosis files.

Thank you and waiting for your reply

Attached Files

Advertisements

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

I am moving your thread to the Networking Forum to better serve you.

I am not a network expert, but in your position I would do this:

• Remove Spybot Search and Destroy. It will interfere with any fix.
  • Try any of the options mentioned here

Else, wait until a network expert comes in with another options.

Piratacobra

Piratacobra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Well, I uninstalled spybot and tried to disconnect everything and back again, as the link suggests, with no result. I ll keep waiting thanks

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

Download the enclosed file. Extract its contents to the desktop of the PC in trouble. Connect the computer to the Ethernet Cable and run the program. To run the program, rightclick on the NetTest.bat file and select "Run as an Administrator". It will produce a report. Post that report in your next reply.

Piratacobra

Piratacobra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

I run the program as asked and here is the report sorry the delay thanks

Attached Files

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

Your Network Card is not being detected by Windows.

Press the Windows key + Pause/Break simultaneously and select the Device Manager. Expand the Network Adapters option. Rightclick on the device listed thereunder and select Uninstall. No need to remove the software.

Once done, close all windows and restart the computer. On restart, Windows should re-detect the Network Card and install its driver. Allow some time for this to happen, then follow the instructions on Post 4 to create a new Report.txt

Piratacobra

Piratacobra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Hello again, i did as instructed, and nothing happened, it keeps behaving the same way, appearing and disappearing, irun nettest here is the report thanks

Attached Files

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

The Adapter still missing in the report.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and copy it to the ill computer's desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure that under Optional Scans, there is a checkmark on Addition.txt.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is ran. Please attach this report to your reply.
  • The tool will also produce another log (Addition.txt ). Please attach it also to your reply.

Piratacobra

Piratacobra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

hello, i run FRST64 as requested and posted the reports; in addition, i run netTest with the laptop linked to the PC and made a report, this is driving me crazy... anyway, have a merry christmas, enjoy

Attached Files

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

How you had the computer linked to the PC? Does the JMicron Adapter present in the Device Manager? How about the Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN? All tests and fixes must be done without the computers being linked.

Step 1

There is a faulty Device Manager Device. The description is as follows:

Name: Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC
Description: Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC
Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Manufacturer: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Service: RTL8192Ce
Problem: : This device is disabled. (Code 22)

To resolve this issue, in the Device Manager, click "Action", and then click "Enable Device". This starts the Enable Device wizard. Follow the instructions and let me know the outcome. To reinstall the drivers, download the setup files at the manufacturer's site. This is the link. Download the following drivers:

NB3100_LAN

NB3100_WLAN_RTL8191SE

These are compressed files. Extract their contents in their own folder on the Desktop and click on the setup file on each folder.

Step 2

Please remove the following program:

DAEMON Tools Toolbar

Step 3

System Restore is Disable. To enable System Restore follow the instructions on this link.

Step 4

Anti-Virus programs take up an enormous amount of your computer's resources when they are actively scanning your computer. Having two anti-virus programs running at the same time can cause your computer to run very slow, become unstable and even, in rare cases, crash.

If you choose to install more than one Anti-Virus program on your computer, then only one of them should be active in memory at a time.

There are basically two types of these programs:
On-Access and On-Demand

On-Access Scanners
As the name implies, are scanners that run in the background all the time the PC is turned on and running.  The main function of an On-Access scanner is to monitor activity on your machine.

On-Demand Scanners
As the name implies, are scanners that only run when you ask them to. Such as: Online Scans and scanners that run on your machine but are not actively scanning your machine.

The report shows two anti virus, AVAST and Microsoft Security Essentials. Both programs are good, but you must uninstall or disable one of them.

Step 5

Once done, run FRST (including the Addition.txt) and the NetTest.bat once again and post the reports. Make sure the computer is cable connected to the Internet.

Please keep me posted.

Advertisements

Piratacobra

Piratacobra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Hello and happy new year sorry for the delay, i did as requested, also, the wireless lan is for that, wifi connections, which i dont have; enabled system restore, disabled microsoft security (i like avast better), removed daemon tools bar.

I am not sure, maybe, somehow, even if the laptop links with the cable, there can be a slight faultry physical conection with the adapter, (i am not sure what i am talking about), but i will try to buy a USB to RJ45 network adapter and try

anyway, here are the reports, thanks

Attached Files

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

I don't believe is the cable, perhaps the adapter itself. Lets reset TCP/IP manually:

Download the enclosed file.   Save it in the same location FRST is saved. Open FRST and click on the Fix button.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

The tool will make a log in the same location FRST is saved (Fixlog.txt), Please post it to your reply.

After a restart also run the NetTest.bat once again and post its report.

Piratacobra

Piratacobra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

hi sorry , just a question : I must run the fix with the network cable connected? thanks

Piratacobra

Piratacobra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

hi, excuse me, must i run the fix with the network cable plugged? thanks

Piratacobra

Piratacobra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

hi, excuse me, must i run the fix with the network cable plugged? thanks