Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't install mcvs 2015 and can't update after cloning hdd on

Cant install mcvs 2015 VISTA

• Please log in to reply

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

If the windows 7 SP1 installed on your computer you need a Windows 7 SP1 installation media to do a repair install if you don't have Windows 7 SP1 installation media you can uninstall SP1 and do a repair install.  If you have Windows 7 product key you can download Windows 7 ISO image file from Microsoft.

Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

Advertisements

tbearhere

tbearhere

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Sorry I was away .... no I have vista. What can I do?  Thx

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

I'm sorry for late reply i was very busy. You can follow below instructions to repair install Windows Vista.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista

tbearhere

tbearhere

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I'm sorry for late reply i was very busy. You can follow below instructions to repair install Windows Vista.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista

Thank you for your time. :-) To solve this issue, I think I need to install windows 7.  I lost the DVD with vista on it. So it's almost time to retire that computer. Because I need Cuda 9.1 toolkit to install on it with the latest nvidia drivers. 

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

You are very welcome!

Also As of April 11, 2017, Windows Vista customers are no longer receiving new security updates, non-security hotfixes, free or paid assisted support options, or online technical content updates from Microsoft. If you continue to use Windows Vista now that support has ended, your computer will still work but it might become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses. Internet Explorer 9 is no longer supported, so if your Windows Vista PC is connected to the Internet and you use Internet Explorer 9 to surf the web, you might be exposing your PC to additional threats. Also, as more software and hardware manufacturers continue to optimize for more recent versions of Windows, you can expect to encounter more apps and devices that do not work with Windows Vista. Microsoft has also stopped providing Microsoft Security Essentials for download on Windows Vista.

Edited by FreeBooter, 03 May 2018 - 03:27 PM.