Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Video Scheduler Internal Error.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Hello, I have Dell XPS15 L50x running Windows 10. I am trying to play a few PC games (sims 3 at the moment). I cannot get the game to run for more than a few minutes before it freezes and then I get the BSOD with the Video Scheduler Internal Error message.

I have a Nvidia GT 540m graphics card. I looked up soom articles online and they suggested I use CCleaner to fix potential registry errors. So I did that.

It was also suggested that I completely uninstall all Nvidia files/drivers and reinstall them. So I also did that. I haven't gotten the BSOD screen yet but the game still freezes just minutes into playing. I'm sure I will get it again at some point.

Anyway, I was able to run sims 3 with minimal issues prior to the Win 10 update. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Advertisements

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Ok so I forced the game to run off the internal HD graphics and it seems to work OK. So this seems like its a graphic card issue. Is there anyway to fix this issue without having to downgrade to an older OS?

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

You have miss understand me Windows 10 is compatible with Windows 7, 8 and Windows 8.1 graphic card drivers try graphic card driver from these versions of the Windows OS.

So I am trying to install the older drivers of the Nvidia graphics card. I got to the installation screen and it said that the installation could not continue because those drivers are not compatible with the Windows OS that is installed on my system.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: tried a clean install with the Nvidia Windows 10 drivers and still freezing. If I force the game to run on the Integrated graphics (Intel HD graphics 3000), it seems to work just fine but on low quality settings.

Edited by corn4ahead, 06 December 2016 - 09:00 PM.

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I did that. I tried to install Windows 7 driver on Windows 7 compatibility mode and Windows 8 the same way. My system is 64 bit. I used the correct version. It makes it to the installation screen and then stops and says it isn't compatible.

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

http://www.nvidia.co...aspx?lang=en-us

I used this link and then selected GeForce GT 540M, Windows 10 (64bit). I also used the same thing to get the Windows 7/8 drivers.

EDIT: The attached image is what it says when I try to download the Windows 7/8 drivers.

Attached Thumbnails

• gcard.jpg

Edited by corn4ahead, 07 December 2016 - 03:36 PM.

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I did that and I think it installed correctly. I used a Windows 7 one. Still froze and got BSOD. Maybe it's a registry error?

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Your laptop should have Intel graphic controller integrated within CPU install latest driver for the Intel graphic controller.

Yeah, and like I said, it seems to run fine off that Intel integrated chip. However, it should be using the Nvidia dedicated graphics card and I cannot seem to get it to run correctly with the Nvidia chip.

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

It says that I am not permitted to upload that type of file.

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Ok, there you go. Thanks again.

Attached Files

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

One of the BSOD error happen because of "HIDCLASS.SYS" driver that failed. HID means Human Interface Device, and that means "keyboards or mice" for the most part.

If your keyboard and mouse has a driver install the latest ones if there is no latest drivers then you need to test the computer with different keyboard and mouse connected.

Well, it is a laptop so and I have automatic updates on so therefore wouldn't it be automatically installed?

Edited by corn4ahead, 09 December 2016 - 04:56 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,771 posts

Two different drivers named in your two crashes but both possibly = the same route cause  (nvlddmkm.sys and HIDCLASS.SYS) are the drivers concerned.

Dell states the following regarding the Dell XPS 15 L502X;

Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade

Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.

This is telling us that you upgraded from a previous OS, when you did so did you also reinstall the latest available drivers for MB and starting with the chipset first, if you do not follow the steps suggested by Dell you will get problems, see How to reinstall drivers in the correct order here and the appropriate downloads here

The following is info only, the USB mouse driver mouhid.sys failed to load in your second crash dump, since XP Windows has used generic mouse drivers cutting out the need for any third party drivers, the mouhid.sys is though associated with the HIDCLASS.SYS related crash and potentially caused by incorrect/incompatible driver installation after upgrading to Windows 10.

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Two different drivers named in your two crashes but both possibly = the same route cause  (nvlddmkm.sys and HIDCLASS.SYS) are the drivers concerned.

Dell states the following regarding the Dell XPS 15 L502X;

Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade

Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.

This is telling us that you upgraded from a previous OS, when you did so did you also reinstall the latest available drivers for MB and starting with the chipset first, if you do not follow the steps suggested by Dell you will get problems, see How to reinstall drivers in the correct order here and the appropriate downloads here

The following is info only, the USB mouse driver mouhid.sys failed to load in your second crash dump, since XP Windows has used generic mouse drivers cutting out the need for any third party drivers, the mouhid.sys is though associated with the HIDCLASS.SYS related crash and potentially caused by incorrect/incompatible driver installation after upgrading to Windows 10.

So are you suggesting that I follow the links and reinstall all my drivers for everything? Would I have to uninstall everything first?

This is what is happening now. I decided to uninstall my touchpad driver in order to attempt to reinstall it. It is a Synaptics Touchpad (at least that is what it is called in device manager). When I restarted my computer, I guess it automatically installs some driver so I have some functionality of the trackpad. Anyway, the new device that was installed is called "PS/2 Compatible Mouse." When I go to manually update the drivers back to Synaptics so I get full functionality back, the driver says it had a error and could not work. I believe it was error code 10.

Any suggestions?

Edited by corn4ahead, 10 December 2016 - 11:45 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,771 posts
So are you suggesting that I follow the links and reinstall all my drivers for everything? Would I have to uninstall everything first?

This is telling us that you upgraded from a previous OS, when you did so did you also reinstall the latest available drivers for MB and starting with the chipset first, if you do not follow the steps suggested by Dell you will get problems, see How to reinstall drivers in the correct order here and the appropriate downloads here

Sorry but I asked a question and was not right out suggesting you uninstall and reinstall anything, the links were included to show you how and in what order Dell drivers should be installed, only you know what steps you carried out but if they do not correspond with the steps suggested by Dell then as said you will get problems.

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
So what should I do to fix this error in your opinion?

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I am having a lot of trouble getting my touchpad drivers to work. I followed the video at this link and I got the 2 errors attached below.

IMG_1777.JPG