Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win XP CPU

• Please log in to reply

2tafmtjol

2tafmtjol

• Pip
  • 1 posts
One from the twilight zone. Having bought a new Desktop which is running the awful Win 10, I have resurrected my old computer with Win XP Pro, and will use it mainly for photos and music. I obviously need to ditch IE, and tried to install other browsers,e.g. Opera, but the CPU doesn't support SSE. Motherboard is ASRock K7VT2, CPU is AMD Athlon XP 2000+. Will it be possible to upgrade the CPU to say the Athlon 2600, or whatever? If so, any advice on what is involved, changes to BIOS etc will be appreciated. Thanks, Brian.

Advertisements

abdulcarimokad

abdulcarimokad

• Pip
  • 2 posts

hello. uh i deeply need help with this. so i got my first computer yeah, and its a really old dell latitude d620 with 1gb ram. but it has a freezing problem ive updated it from windows xp to 7 to 8.1 and now to 10. but the problem persists. i noticed that it only freezes when its on the battery and works fine when on AC but the battery seems good and i doubt it is faulty please help me.   ps it shows me battery 1 not present but battery 2 present