Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird backgrounds in images and videos

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Jeggy

Jeggy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi, first time poster here.

So I recently bought a new gaming laptop, and i´ve noticed that it displays various background on images, applications, videos and games in a weird and ugly way. The backgrounds are kinda chopped up in colorful waves, instead of blending in with each other. I don´t really know how to explain it, so I attached 3 screenshot, where the ugly effect that i am talking about is visible. 

I didnt really know where to put this post, but since the pc runs on windows 10, i jammed it in here. Anyone here who knows how to fix for the display issue? I have a second monitor attached to my laptop, and on that monitor the colors are perfect, and blend into each other.

Thanks in advance :)

Attached Thumbnails

• steambackground.png
  • windowsbackground.png
  • youtubebackground.png

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

:welcome:    Jeggy,

I have a second monitor attached to my laptop, and on that monitor the colors are perfect, and blend into each other.

Good call  :thumbsup: this suggests that your GPU and associated software/drivers are ok.

Would suggest that you start by calibrating your screen and see how that goes, step by step guide here

Jeggy

Jeggy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks for the reply.

I tried calibrating my screen and it didnt work. Background colors still arent blending together. It´s so weird, its like whatever the image or video is focusing on is crystal clear, and then unfocused items are just displaying so ugly. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

I can only judge what I am seeing in your three screenshots on the Windows screenshot #2, I am comparing your image to what I have on this Sony Vaio running Windows 10 Pro and the background looks exactly the same as yours, compare inside the square which I have outlined in red, let me know if you see any difference, If you want to check out your screen and video chip quality, download and run Unigene Valley Benchmark (free) from here

You are welcome btw  :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Not heard back from you Jeggy, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.