Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

downloading .pdf files

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

I'm not sure what  is going on, but when I try to download a .pdf file from one of the sites I've downloaded from for quite a while without any problem, I now get the message.

"Failed to load PDF document"  RELOAD, but when I click on the reload button, I get the same error again. I'm trying  to find out if it happens at other sites, but I'm wondering how I might check to see WHY this is happening?

moondog

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
What browser are you using ? The problem could be browser related.

What happens when you click this pdf test link below

http://www.orimi.com/pdf-test.pdf

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Hi Zep, Chrome is what I use ... going to try IE ... but after your test I attempted a download from Hasbro for some Hi Ho Cherry-O rules and downloaded them after I was able to download the file you gave me the link to.

moondog

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

can't even get IE to start downloading ... now I'm guessing the site and after reading the rules, I will stop asking for help on this issue ... I'm trying to download 1 book I found from what I believe is a sharing site. So I'll look to see if I can't get it some other way ...