Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing Bluetooth?

Windows 10 Bluetooth Asus Asus A550l

• Please log in to reply

De Registrar

De Registrar

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Hello, I have an ASUS A550l laptop which apparently has no bluetooth module even though the manual says it does.

http://www.manualgo....manual-65038-63

I may have accidentally disabled or deleted the driver. I don't remember if I have used bluetooth on this laptop, but it just seems odd that it wouldn't have it.

Advertisements

HolyCowZ

HolyCowZ

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Hello De Registrar

I'm taking it you have windows 10 from the picture in the link you have provided?

You can go to Device Manager and see if it is listed in the hardware inside your machine and if it is disabled you'll be able to see there.

click start - bottom left flag looking button

click cog logo - settings button bottom left

click devices - 2nd along from the top

click Device manager - bottom of the screen in grayed out letters.

Then you should see a list of hardware that is installed inside your machine look for Blue tooth

It's normally near the top of the list once found if installed highlight it with one click and then right click and choose properties 

Then click the driver Tab look 4 buttons down it will say disable if it is active and enable if it is disabled. (that's if it is installed)

If it is on and enabled in Device manager we can have a look at the settings and sort it from there.

Best check the above steps first.

One thing to note is some times manuals cover a range of similar products by company and may include some bits other models don't have in them I have found this isn't uncommon.

De Registrar

De Registrar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Thanks for replying HolyCowZ,

The adapter was actually hidden, which I found out was something you can do by opening view in the top left corner and selecting show hidden devices.

Hidden.PNG

When I opened up the properties for the three individual bluetooth modules, it said that they were not connected.

Disconnected.PNG

The PCIe adapter showed that it was connected.

The list in the network adapter section showed it was disconnected as well though.

Bluetooth Network Adapter.PNG

Attached Thumbnails

• Bluetooth Network Adapter.PNG

HolyCowZ

HolyCowZ

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Code 45 is as it says for hardware that was previously connected and is no longer connected. I take it your tried to enable it in the drivers Tab? Try also clicking in device manager scan for hardware changes It is the tiny blue computer screen with magnifying glass top of the screen. It is probably disconnected but worth just trying.

How old is the computer? because if it is not that old I'd take it back and ask why they have disconnected blue tooth. The reason to take it back is if it is not that old opening it will make your warranty void and make any other hardware issues or problems that are covered by warranty void in the future.

From Microsoft's lists of codes:

https://support.micr...en-us/kb/310123

Code 45

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

Recommended resolution

This error occurs if a device that was previously connected to the computer is no longer connected. To resolve this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

No resolution is necessary. This error code is only used to indicate the disconnected status of the device and does not require you to resolve it. The error code resolves automatically when you connect the associated device to the computer. 

Edited by HolyCowZ, 14 December 2016 - 09:11 AM.

De Registrar

De Registrar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I did, I also scanned for hardware changes but nothing was found. I noticed that if I selected show hidden devices I couldn't scan. The laptop is about 3 years old and was held by two others previously.