Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Signal to Monitor

• Please log in to reply

noSignal4me

noSignal4me

• Pip
  • 3 posts

How it began:

Tried to install a 6gb HDD on a Windows 7 pro which only sees 1.5gb.  Searched online and some recommend a newer driver as that is usually the issue.

Installed the newer driver and BIOS only sees 1 HDD and 1 SSD, it is missing 1 HDD as it is configured in RAID so Windows will not boot as it is missing the boot sector

I reset it a few times and went to BIOS to configure the settings to RAID.  BIOS sees 1 HDD and 1 SSD, still missing 1 HDD and attempts to load windows.  It fails obviously because the other information is on the other HDD which it fails to see.

I then physically push the rest button and now it shows no signal, can't even get to BIOS.

This is a PC that was running ok till I tried out the HDD drivers.

Troubleshooting Steps:

Took out memory to ensure Mob is not bad, turns out ok.

Tested out different monitor cables and monitor, 

Tried the 1 min power button trick

Tried the pull battery trick

Specs:

Mob: p8z77

Pwr: 1200w

Gfx: GTX 680

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:   noSignal4me,

Will come back to your initial problem in due course and for now only look at your "no signal" issue.

Was all power isolated from the computer, did you get rid of any residual charge in the system by pressing the power on button and did you ground yourself before touching any of your hardware.

Troubleshooting Steps:
Took out memory to ensure Mob is not bad, turns out ok.
Tested out different monitor cables and monitor, 
Tried the 1 min power button trick
Tried the pull battery trick

What happened when you removed the RAM that told you that the MB is ok.

Testing the video cable and another monitor was a good call, in addition to this can I suggest that you physically remove the GTX 680 from the MB and try using the MBs integrated video port then get back to us.