Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem Minimize, Maximize screens and Hightlight and...

Best Answer transit , 29 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

HI, RK. The true is,  I came one night so mad  that and other problems that I took all my frustration on the computer..  , I start hit it with a hammer literally.. I know I kill... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

transit

transit

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi, Members of Geek to go.

If a open more than one screen of my computer, like IE and other site in different screen or Anti-virus screen etc.. and minimize on the task bar, If I try to miximize it again..  flick and disappear,  I don't know if is normal, before I just have to put the cursor in the screen that was minimize and I can see small but steady in the task bar and I click it and come back miximize in the desktop, but now to see it I have to try to closed the windows to appear if they in the same screen (will show you what I mean with a pic) and not always depend what kind of screen I had open. 

Also I don't know if this have to do with the first problem, if I try to highlight a word, sentence or paragraph I can not do it, the blue color never appear in the words  if this relate.

before when open a window like example games, chess, play, the screen appear in sequences, like the window of game, and I click the game I want to play and the game inself, but now the first window no disappear to the back of the next screen that show up or I open..  

Ps. I operative system is window 7, 64-bit

please if someone know what going on with this computer or can help is appreciate

Thank you

Transit

I posted a pic of the game window to you see how is, the first window never go to the background

Attached Thumbnails

• geek2.jpg
  • greek3.jpg

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Not sure what is going on but let's look at a few things.  (Feel free to use a separate Reply for each log.)

First try running SFC:

Right click on  Computer and select Manage Then click on the arrow in front of Event Viewer. Next Click on the arrow in front of Windows Logs. Right click on System and Clear Log, Clear. Repeat for Application.

Reboot. 

Start, All Programs, Accessories then right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.  Then type (with an Enter after each line).
sfc  /scannow

Copy the next two lines:

findstr  /c:"[SR]"  \windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log  >  \windows\logs\cbs\junk.txt 
notepad \windows\logs\cbs\junk.txt 

Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator, Yes.  Right click and Paste (or Edit then Paste) and the copied line should appear.
Hit Enter. Copy and paste the text from notepad or if it is too big, just attach the file.

1. Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso
and save it to your Desktop:
2. Right-click VEW.exe and Run AS Administrator
3. Under 'Select log to query', select:

* System
4. Under 'Select type to list', select:
* Error
* Warning

Then use the 'Number of events' as follows:

1. Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
Type 20 in the 1 to 20 box
Then click the Run button.
Notepad will open with the output log.

Please post the Output log in your next reply then repeat but select Application.  (Each time you run VEW it overwrites the log so copy the first one to a Reply or rename it before running it a second time.)

Start, All Programs, Accessories then right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.  Yes. Type
dxdiag
Hit Enter.
Click on Run 64 bit DxDiag
When the green line at the bottom left goes away, click on Save All Information.

It will save the fild, dxdiag.txt (make sure it save to the desktop so you can find it).

Open dxdig.txt and copy and paste it into a reply.

What is the make and model of your PC?

Get the free version of Speccy:

http://www.filehippo...download_speccy (Look in the upper right for the Download
Latest Version button  - Do NOT press the large Start Download button on the upper left!)  
Download, Save and Install it.  Tell it you do not need CCLEANER.    Run Speccy.  When it finishes (the little icon in the bottom left will stop moving), 
File, Save as Text File,  (to your desktop) note the name it gives. OK.  Open the file in notepad and delete the line that gives the serial number of your Operating System.  
(It will be near the top about 10 lines down.) Save the file.  Attach the file to your next post.  (More Reply Options, Choose File, Open, Attach This File)

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi, Rkinner

Sorry my delay to answer you...  this attatch is the sfc/scan.. I don't know if is what you looking.. sorry.. let me know.. I try to do the rest of the instruction to my best knowledge..

sorry

transit

Attached Thumbnails

• sfc11.jpg

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi again Mr. RKinner,

this is what happen when I did the two lines that you tell me to copy.. nothing show up in notepad.

or maybe I doing something wrong?

Please let me know

thanks

T.

Attached Thumbnails

• noteb1.jpg

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

here is the view of system, I going to do the application now sorry for many attatches..

thanks

Attached Files

• Attached File  VEW2.txt   1.61KB   282 downloads

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

here is the view for application

please let me know if this is ok

Attached Files

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

here is the dxdiag results.. remember that I can not highlights so can not copy and paste

sorry

hope I not make this complicate for you

thanks

Attached Files

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi R.

a problem, I don't know how you want me to save the speccy, is many way to save it.. do you can tell me with what save method you want it save

thanks

t.

Ps. I had CCleaner installed

Edited by transit, 22 December 2016 - 11:03 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

First step should have been:

sfc  /scannow

not sfc  /  scannow

Since you didn't not run sfc /scannow there was nothing in the junk file.  

You can copy and paste without highlighting.  Edit, Select All, Edit Copy, move to a Reply and Ctrl + v

Best to just attach speccy log.   (More Reply Options, Choose File, Open, Attach This File)

I can see from your DxDiag that you have an old video driver I would try to update it.  You can use Option 2 on http://www.nvidia.co...aspx?lang=en-usand it should find the right driver for you.  Alternatively you can put info in for option 1.  You have GeForce GT 420 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.  That should get:

Version: 376.33  WHQL Release Date: 2016.12.14 Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit Language: English (US) File Size: 369.58 MB

http://www.nvidia.co...px/113452/en-us

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi Mr. RKinner,

Thanks for the help, well I try to do the  Select All, Edit Copy, the select all work but I can not copy...  when I try to download the driver, said that this file can harm this computer.. what I do? and yes I get what you said.  do you want me to run the SFC?

Thanks again for your help.

Transit

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Search for 

services.msc

hit Enter.

Find

Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and make sure it is started.  If it's not started then right click on it and select Properties.  Make sure the Startup Type: is set to Automatic  Try and Start it.

that can sometimes be the cause of no copying.

The driver is clean.  I just downloaded it and had my anti-virus check it.  Tell your anti-virus or IE to let you download it.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

I search for the Service.Msc,  but in this computer is just service.  and I found the file was manual and I put it automatic, and the update I did it.

thanks.

T.

but I still the problem of can not minimize, and I can highlight but no the left to right, I can do it, right to left.. 

Edited by transit, 23 December 2016 - 10:26 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Were you able to get sfc /scannow to run?  If so what does it say when it finishes?

Going to bed now.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

On command prompt, yes, but you said was the wrong one, here is the new one,, hope is the one you looking for ..

thanks.

Good nite

Attached Thumbnails

• 1234.jpg

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Look closely at what you typed in that last attachment.  You typed

sfc /scannnow