I am constantly getting a Not Responding message while browsing the web sites. I tried it on both Chrome and Firefox. Both equally slow. Also just slow and sluggish when typing. I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop. Im sure I have things on here slowing it down. (It took nearly 5 mins just to type this message). Thanks
"Not Responding" message constantly while browsing
Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:47 PM
I'll do the best I can to resolve your computer issue
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, don't continue Stop and ask! Never be afraid to ask questions!
Programs to uninstall
- FlextimePlayer1.0.2 For WinXP
- iolo technologies'System Mechanic
- Java 7 Update 51
- Search Protection
- YTD Toolbar v9.3
- YTD Video Downloader 5.1.0
Please download adwCleaner to your desktop.
- Close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.
- Click the logfile button and the log will open in Notepad.
- Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.
- A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished and the PC has rebooted.
- Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.
- The report will be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.
Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.
Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts. See Here how to disable you security protection (Anti Virus)
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.
Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.
Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:07 PM
I was unable to delete scorpion saver and YTD Toolbar v9.3.
Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:11 PM
Download zoek.exe to your Desktop: http://hijackthis.nl/smeenk/
Important: Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware programs, so they do not interfere with the running of Zoek.exe.
on Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 right-click Zoek.exe and select: Run as Administrator
give it a few seconds to appear
copy/paste the entire script inside the codebox below into the input field of Zoek:
createsrpoint; autoclean; emptyclsid; emptyffcache; FFdefaults; emptyiecache; iedefaults; emptychrcache; CHRdefaults; emptyalltemp; emptyfolderscheck;delete ipconfig /flushdns;b
- close any open programs.
- click the Run script button, and wait. It takes a few minutes to run.
- when the tool finishes, the zoek-results.log is opened in Notepad: the log can also be found on the systemdrive, normally C:\
- if a reboot is needed, the log will be opened after the reboot.
Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:32 PM
I started the program at 8:17 this morning, I then went to town, it is still running, last thing it did was at 8:48am. I tried exiting out and it gave me a message stating it was still running. It is now 2:30pm
Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:35 PM
Tell me when you have done that.
Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:37 PM
The tool will make a log in the location FRST is, "Your downloads folder." (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.
Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:59 PM
Reset your browsers since there was so much adware found,
Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:00 PM
Much much better. Typing this is stop and go. What do I need to do to keep it clean?
Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:03 PM
Save it to your Desktop.
Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
NOTE: If SecurityCheck aborts and you get the following message: UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! try rebooting the system and then run SecurityCheck again.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users