Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microphone is not detecting voice (Windows 10)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

ayePatch

ayePatch

• Pip
  • 2 posts

So I have been trying to figure out how to get my microphone to detect my voice for over an hour now. I am currently using a windows 10 desktop, a Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon 50P (which has worked in the past but has stopped detecting my voice. I am not sure if it's because my CPU is not recognizing my microphone (detachable) is part of the headphones/speaker.

- I have fully updated all my audio drivers using an application called Drive Easy then restarted my CPU
- I have set my Realtek High Definition Audio device to the default windows audio then restarted myCPU
- My microphone is set as the default device
- 2e5ldlh.png

- My headphones are working
- I am using the ports in the back. The green jack is in the middle one for headphones and my microphone jack is in the pink/red one for microphone.

I am so tempted to throw these headphones out the window right now, any help would be great to save some headphones

Advertisements

JordanMihailov

JordanMihailov

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

https://www.driverea...ne-not-working/

ayePatch

ayePatch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Turns out when my parents were vacuuming my room, the connector for my headset got caught into the vacuum therefore causing the microphone jack to get scratched up. I plan on getting a new connector to see if problem fixes.