Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics Card Issue?

• Please log in to reply

VulpinePrincess

VulpinePrincess

• Pip
  • 4 posts
COMPUTER SPECS (and stuff):

Build: Custom
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P1.50 (BIOS Date: 10/02/13 21:01:46 Ver: 04.06.05)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0 (Serial Number M80-44023300021)
CPU: AMD FX-8370E Eight-Core Processor
RAM: Crucial Technology DDR3 8GB RAM (Serial Number A61496A2)
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series 4GB
PSU: POWER CASE ATX12V PSUPOW850MAX 850W 

So the problems started here, for anyone who's interested. Said problems have stopped, but new ones have arisen.

In an effort to fix my computer, I wished to try running it without my video card. I removed it, only to find that the motherboard I use hasn't got anywhere to plug a screen into, so I placed the card back, screwed it in, and closed the case. The fans still spin when I run the card, and everything seems in order.

Now, for some reason, the second monitor I use is not detected, and I also seem to not be able to run games such as Team Fortress 2 or such. As an added issue, the usually consistant hum of my fans in my computer case are now fluctuating every now and then. That added problem seems to have started happening since I changed the fans to always go full out in my BIOS. On the bright side, my computer case is cold to the touch, and the issue in the last post is not happening right now. ^^;

EDIT: Also tested Minecraft, Starbound, Terraria, Factorio, Garry's Mod and Enter The Gungeon. All of those come up with some form of error saying that they could not set up a display. Garry's mod was the only exception, simply ignoring when I tried to run it. :c

EDIT 2: Can not run ANY game. Commonly some form of issue related to DirectX. Cannot run half of my other programs, and any that do run will either have a higher chance of crashing, or come with more lag than before. Much more.

Also, apparently the issue I though I rid myself of before has returned, so I'm feeling pretty bummed about it all atm. ;w;

Edited by VulpinePrincess, 23 December 2016 - 12:38 AM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Get the free version of Speccy:

http://www.filehippo...download_speccy (Look in the upper right for the Download
Latest Version button  - Do NOT press the large Start Download button on the upper left!)  
Download, Save and Install it.  Tell it you do not need CCLEANER.    Run Speccy.  When it finishes (the little icon in the bottom left will stop moving), 
File, Save as Text File,  (to your desktop) note the name it gives. OK.  Open the file in notepad and delete the line that gives the serial number of your Operating System.  
(It will be near the top about 10 lines down.) Save the file.  Attach the file to your next post.  (More Reply Options, Choose File, Open, Attach This File)

Get Process Explorer

Save it to your desktop then run it (Vista or Win7 - right click and Run As Administrator).  

View, Select Column, check Verified Signer, OK
Options, Verify Image Signatures

Click twice on the CPU column header  to sort things by CPU usage with the big hitters at the top.  

Wait a full minute then:

File, Save As, Save.  Note the file name.   Open the file  on your desktop and copy and paste the text to a reply.

Start, All Programs, Accessories then right clikc on Command Prompt and Run As Admin.  Yes.

Type:

dxdiag

hit Enter.

Click on Run 64 bit dxdiag.  Wait until the green line goes away then Save All Information
Save it to your desktop then open dxdiag.txt and copy and paste into a reply.

Download BlueScreenView
Click on
Download BlueScreenView with full install/uninstall support 

Double click on the downloaded file to install and run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit, Select All.

Go File, Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.