Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Who is the best MoBo manufacturer?

Best Answer frichieny , 02 January 2017 - 12:10 AM

Woah! Thank you very much! Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

frichieny

frichieny

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Is there one or they are all the same? or how about the cheapest and sturdiest haha

Advertisements

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

i don't really think there is a "best" personally i like to use either asrock or gigabyte motherboards.

chipsets are a completely different thing though and newest usually always offer some benefits worth having over older chipsets but saying that an older chipset board usually has everything most users need and the extra features/benefits are all just wasted or not fully utilised so the extra cost of a newer chipset motherboard over the older chipset motherboard is just wasted money.

because i build for myself rarely i usually always buy the newest chipset motherboards, but for friends i'll buy an older cheaper chipset motherboard that suits their requirements.

it's all a balancing act really but i'd prefer and always recommend spending more money on a better psu, cpu, gpu or hard drive than buying the "best" latest motherboard with all the bells and whistles the latest chipset may offer if you don't really need it.

a £100 motherboard suits most peoples needs just as well as a £250 motherboard plus you then have the extra £150 to spend where it'll be more noticeable to the user and better benefit the build like cpu, gpu or more memory.

:popcorn:

sorry for some reason i read cheapest as chipset in your post and why i mentioned it.  :rofl: 

Edited by terry1966, 23 December 2016 - 08:24 AM.

frichieny

frichieny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Woah Thank you I will keep those in mind :)

Happy Holidays!

Edited by frichieny, 25 December 2016 - 03:26 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Aye no such thing as the best brand of MB, same goes for other hardware, where MBs are concerned it all depends on the specifications required and what it will cost to obtain those specs, the number of SATA ports, the maximum amount of RAM supported, an SSD M.2 Socket, onboard USB 3.0/3.1 and Crossfire/Sli support are to name but a few requirements that can be found on and will increase the cost of a MB, quite often while the MB is not the best, keep in mind that no brand get it right 100% of the time and each will release a pup every once in a while.

Take a look at the Toms guide here and you will see that there is a mixture of brands, chipsets, form factors (mATX - ATX etc) and prices in the suggested boards.

frichieny

frichieny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
✓  Best Answer

Woah! Thank you very much!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts