Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2nd Monitor Not Working With New GPU

• Please log in to reply

Vellex

Vellex

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello guys! With this year's christmas gifts I received a new MSI GeForce GTX 1050 TI. Upon installing the card, followed by its drivers, everything seemed to be fine. However, once I moved on to connect my second monitor, the monitor wouldn't register in the computer. I am connecting this second monitor through a hdmi to dvi cord, going into the dvi port of my new graphics card. I had been successfully using this set up with my prior card, which was the Radeon R7 250. I know the second monitor is recieving a signal, as it reacts whenever I plug it into the computer. However, it'll still say no signal and displays a blank screen. In the control panel's display settings it won't even detect a second monitor is there, nor will the computers hardware list. Any idea on what to do here?

Edited by Vellex, 25 December 2016 - 07:51 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

:welcome:   Vellex,

I know the second monitor is recieving a signal, as it reacts whenever I plug it into the computer. However, it'll still say no signal and displays a blank screen. 

A clue perhaps! Other than hot swappable devices such as external USB HDDs and setting up some printers etc you should never ever connect anything to a computer while it is powered up, even the smallest of charge can cause serious damage to hardware.

A guide here on what to check and how to safely set up dual monitors.