Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[Low-End PC] Best 256M AGP GPU

• Please log in to reply

Dr. Schnellinger (Again)

Dr. Schnellinger (Again)

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

What's the best of NVIDIA AGP cards?

Don't suggest me a brand new socket 775 PC 'cause it's just out of my reach  :no:  

(I'm not american, by the way)

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

GeForce 7950 GT AGP 

Dr. Schnellinger (Again)

Dr. Schnellinger (Again)

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

philpower2

thanks for the comeback, too bad I can't find one in my country.

http://computacion.m...rce-7950-gt-agp

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

You are welcome Dr. Schnellinger (Again) the cards do appear hard to come by anywhere in the world, I found a used one and the cost is just not worth it, fwiw it is here

Of the cards available at your link the one here looks to be the best choice cost and condition wise.

oneblackened

oneblackened

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I would honestly recommend (if you can afford it) just building or buying a new computer. I'm not sure if anything that supports AGP is even fast enough to run a modern (and secure) OS - and AGP cards are at the point where prices have gone up due to rarity and small market. Most integrated graphics are a huge amount faster, as well. 

If it's not in the cards, follow Phillpower2's advice. 

Edited by oneblackened, 08 January 2017 - 12:22 PM.

Dr. Schnellinger (Again)

Dr. Schnellinger (Again)

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I would honestly recommend (if you can afford it) just building or buying a new computer. I'm not sure if anything that supports AGP is even fast enough to run a modern (and secure) OS - and AGP cards are at the point where prices have gone up due to rarity and small market. Most integrated graphics are a huge amount faster, as well. 

If it's not in the cards, follow Phillpower2's advice. 

We're having a heavy crisis here, that's too out of my reach. I was trying to build a 775 pc, I managed to get the RAM, CPU (Intel Core2 Duo E6700 3.2GHz), GPU, power supply... right now all I need is the motherboard, but even the used and lamest ones are ridiculously expensive.