Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba leading innovation screen stuck (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 30 December 2016 - 04:54 PM

it was a free file but apparently it messed with my system.   I don't remember the site I downloaded it from   I suspect that what you have tried to install may be a c... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Bgerard17

Bgerard17

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I did a recovery on my Satellite C50-A I was updating from windows 8.1 to windows 10 but now I can't get past the Toshiba screen with the back background. Can anyone help?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

:welcome:    Bgerard17,

When exactly did you attempt to do a recovery, was it after Windows 10 had been successfully installed and run.

Can you also tell us what recovery steps you tried.

NB: In case you were wondering, your thread was moved here as the How-To Guides and Tutorials forum where you originally post is not for helping with computer issues.

Bgerard17

Bgerard17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I am attempting to update a school pc that has sat idle for about a year. There wasn't much on it but was giving me some issues. So I decided to do a recovery from the update screen. I did not have windows 10 loaded on this pc before I did the recovery

Bgerard17

Bgerard17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I should add that I did have the windows 10 download assistant before the recovery attempt

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
I was updating from windows 8.1 to windows 10 

I should add that I did have the windows 10 download assistant before the recovery attempt 

Windows 7/8 and 8.1 can no longer be upgraded to Windows 10 free of charge meaning that purchasing a new Microsoft product key and installation media will be required, were you trying to install Windows 10 from DVD or a USB thumb drive when you encountered the black screen problem.

There wasn't much on it but was giving me some issues. 

To do, try restarting the notebook while holding down the 0 (zero) key to see if there is a Toshiba recovery partition on the HDD, let us know if there is before proceeding if there is anything at all on the HDD that you need as a factory restore erases all personal data and apps etc.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Not heard back from you Bgerard17, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

Bgerard17

Bgerard17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I haven't heard back on my last reply after I stated I had tried to download windows 10

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

I was updating from windows 8.1 to windows 10 

Windows 7/8 and 8.1 can no longer be upgraded to Windows 10 free of charge meaning that purchasing a new Microsoft product key and installation media will be required, were you trying to install Windows 10 from DVD or a USB thumb drive when you encountered the black screen problem.

There wasn't much on it but was giving me some issues. 

To do, try restarting the notebook while holding down the 0 (zero) key to see if there is a Toshiba recovery partition on the HDD, let us know if there is before proceeding if there is anything at all on the HDD that you need as a factory restore erases all personal data and apps etc.

I haven't heard back on my last reply after I stated I had tried to download windows 10

Not sure what you mean, please see my reply #5 above to which I was awaiting feedback.

Bgerard17

Bgerard17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I just did the start while holding down the 0
It asked to recover the hard drive. As I had done this just previous to trying to download windows 10 I chose yes

Bgerard17

Bgerard17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
It had given me the following options
Continue; exit and continue to windows 10
Use a device; USB ect.
Troubleshoot; refresh or reset your pic
Or torn off PCWORLD

Whats your advice?

Advertisements

Bgerard17

Bgerard17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Pc not PCWorld

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
It had given me the following options
Continue; exit and continue to windows 10 
Use a device; USB ect.
Troubleshoot; refresh or reset your pic
Or torn off PCWORLD

Does not make sense!

Pressing 0 on boot should reload the OS that was installed at the factory which in this instance was Windows 8/8.1 and not 10.

As to what I suggest, try each option in turn and hope that one works.

You never answered the above but from the info post in your reply #10 it looks like the original Windows 8/81 recovery partition may have been overwritten by a failed Windows 10 installation.

Bgerard17

Bgerard17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Tried the continue : same issue
Hit the troubleshoot and got 4 options
Refresh ;without losing files
Reset; removes all files
Maintenance utility
And Advanced options

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Take a look under the Advanced options tab, let us know what if anything is available there.

Bgerard17

Bgerard17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
It has given me
System restore
System image Recovery
Start up repair
Command prompt
UCI Firmware settings
I went into restore and image recovery and it shows windows 10 as the only OS