Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Creating a Link with Icon

• Please log in to reply

sitebuild321

sitebuild321

• Pip
  • 4 posts

How can I create a link icon similar to facebook , twitter linked in  and many others  that other websites can easily add my icon onto their site with direct link to my site . 

Maybe looking for plugin . 

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Find a site which has the feature you want and then right click and View Page Source or right click on the button and Inspect.  You should be able to copy what they did and modify it for your own use.

sitebuild321

sitebuild321

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thank you I will try !

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

How can I create a link icon similar to facebook , twitter linked in  and many others  that other websites can easily add my icon onto their site with direct link to my site . 

Facebook, Twitter and other social media "Like Buttons" do not add their logos to any site when you click it. Not something web masters like to have done to their sites. They do provide the API code that is added to your site pages to allow a function to record a "Like" or to "Tweet" a page for visitors or even perform other functions like email the page. (See AddThis.com for most of the media codes to add to your web site)

If you are just wanting code that people can voluntarily copy/paste to their web site as a link to your site including the Icon/logo image, you will have to give options as to download your icon/logo image or give people permission to hot link to the image on your server (not a good idea). This would simply be the standard code using an image as an image link fancied up with CSS3 if you wish. All the code including any CSS3 can be placed in a textarea box with the usual highlight/copy button for viewers ease of use. You can make and provide the copy/paste code for several variations and images allowing the viewer to opt for which one they want to use on their site. Some may only want the standard text link to your site.

Let me know if you need more help on this. I can provide some code for you, but will not do all the work. Will help look at and edit your work if you wish. Google for any image link code and/or textarea code to get an idea how to do your link page.

Edited by AstraNut, 01 January 2017 - 01:04 PM.

sitebuild321

sitebuild321

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Facebook, Twitter and other social media "Like Buttons" do not add their logos to any site when you click it. Not something web masters like to have done to their sites. They do provide the API code that is added to your site pages to allow a function to record a "Like" or to "Tweet" a page for visitors or even perform other functions like email the page. (See AddThis.com for most of the media codes to add to your web site)

If you are just wanting code that people can voluntarily copy/paste to their web site as a link to your site including the Icon/logo image, you will have to give options as to download your icon/logo image or give people permission to hot link to the image on your server (not a good idea). This would simply be the standard code using an image as an image link fancied up with CSS3 if you wish. All the code including any CSS3 can be placed in a textarea box with the usual highlight/copy button for viewers ease of use. You can make and provide the copy/paste code for several variations and images allowing the viewer to opt for which one they want to use on their site. Some may only want the standard text link to your site.

Let me know if you need more help on this. I can provide some code for you, but will not do all the work. Will help look at and edit your work if you wish. Google for any image link code and/or textarea code to get an idea how to do your link page.

Excellent information . I appreciate the detailed response . I will try the Add to site to see if this meets whats im looking for . Regards 

dynastyteam

dynastyteam

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Find a site which has the feature you want and then right click and View Page Source or right click on the button and Inspect.  You should be able to copy what they did and modify it for your own use.

Can you please showm us your work,which you have done.....