Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows 10 can't stay connected to the internet

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Pearlcatdesign

Pearlcatdesign

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

I have a windows 10 Inspiron 15 3000 series and I'm constantly being interrupted while on a site with Opera network diagnostics. After clicking on windows trouble shooter to get back on-line it says " Problem with wireless adapter or access point " and " Doesn't detect any networking hardware "  So I shut everything down and restart and then it will work again for awhile. Though this is getting to the point now where it's happening several times a day. I don't think it's my Internet provider because my desktop didn't have this problem and my wifi is shared with others in the building and they're not having this issue. 

Thanks,

Pearl

Advertisements

Pearlcatdesign

Pearlcatdesign

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

hello,

What is it? Why doesn't my computer tell me if I need it? My computer also keeps 'not responding' a lot. I'll try to find the wireless card now.

Thank you,

Pearl

Pearlcatdesign

Pearlcatdesign

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Okay I think I found and installed the card. I'm not being cut off line anymore or seeing 'not responding' however I didn't do what you wrote in your second post/reply. I'm sorry, but that was more than I can comprehend. I have only the very very basic computer skills. I would guess close to a 5 year old. Lol But your first suggestion seems to have cleared up my problem.

Thank you so much for that,

Pearl