Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Only Staff can post in these threads.

• Please log in to reply

RolandJS

RolandJS

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Only Staff can post in these threads. -- if you-all put that one sentence at the end of each forum that is closed to all posters except for staff -- that would eliminate nonStaff from spending time crafting a reply to any existing thread and finding out too late that nonStaff cannot post replies in that forum.  I just read a "cannot reply thread" that reminded me of bleepingcomputer's one sentence in their locked forums  :)

Advertisements

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts

Which forum are you trying to post in?  The malware removal forum should restrict you from posting in someone else's thread, but I don't think any of the others prevent you from joining a discussion.

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

think that's probably the forum they mean.

and it does say this

Please remember, only staff members are allowed to reply to malware removal topics,

at the top when you enter that forum in the forum rules but if you don't read the full rules first it is hard to know you can't make a post there until after you've spent time writing a reply and hit the post button when it will display the "you don't have permission" or some such message meaning you just wasted however long it took you to craft the reply.

so think they just want it displayed in a more prominent position so you can't miss the fact you can't reply in that forum. maybe on the main forums page under the highlighted
BEGIN HERE: Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide link.

:popcorn:

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts

@rolandjs - if you are keen on trying to help in the malware removal forums, we are always looking for help

RolandJS

RolandJS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

I forgot about that first sentence in that forum.  I was thinking there may be additional forums that only staff can reply to threads.  I wasn't trying to post, I was "backing up" another member who found out he could not post   :)