Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel 2013 - Quick Question

• Please log in to reply

a-cat

a-cat

• PipPip
  • 95 posts

I was experimenting with two (2) macros unsuccessfully to re-name multiple worksheets in an Excel 2013 file.  I added Developer to my toolbar, pasted some code to VBE,  clicked Run and was disappointed.  To confirm, I know ZERO - - ZIP - - NADA about macros or VBE (just clicking around).  Thereafter, I simply re-named each individual worksheet and disabled the macro.

However, now when I open a NEW Excel file it is titled Book12, Book13, Book14, Book15, Book16 (versus Book1).  Why is this happening and/or where are these unsaved files?

Normally, a new workbook always opens as Book1 until the user saves it with a specific name & location but that's not happening.  How can I correct and/or go back to the default setting?

Any help or quick solution would be greatly appreciated!  :yes:

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

You probably messed up the default workbook.  I don't have 2013 Excel but usually you can just search for workbook and find the one in

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2013/Office/Startup/Excel 

or similar and remove it.

I would cut it and paste it to your desktop just in case it messes something up but usually it will regenerate a clean Workbook the next time you start Excel.