Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive

Hard drive Applications Xbox Help

• Please log in to reply

SuperChuckles01

SuperChuckles01

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So recently I purchased a western digital 4 TB hard drive for my Xbox one console. When I first hooked it up, I formatted it correctly to use for apps and games. After about 2 weeks, it magically reformatted to the original format, as well as changning the name back to the original name. It was not a huge problem this time because I only had two games on it, but in the future if I get a lot more, I don't want to have to reinstall them all... any solutions?

Advertisements

RolandJS

RolandJS

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Does this hard-drive use anything such as SmartWare and/or Drive Unlock?

SuperChuckles01

SuperChuckles01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
If I used it on a computer it would, but I don't think i can acces it on the Xbox...