Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TOO clean?

• Please log in to reply

wcstrat355

wcstrat355

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well, I foolishly let my 16-yr-old nephew use my computer the other evening, and "my baby" promptly caught every spyware, malware, popup, and trojan that it could have. (He disabled my zonealarm and norton in order to install microsoft antispyware, which he deemed much better--problem was, the microsoft antispyware didn't actually install, so my XP on a DSL line was wide open over night!)
Anyway, I went through all the recommended malware removal processes, including:CleanUp!, Ad-aware SE, CWShredder, Spybot, and Ewido Security Suite.
When I last ran a check, all systems were clear. Then, I downloaded firefox, which worked fine until I wanted to pay my bills online this morning. I can get to all the homepages (like bankofamerica, bellsouth, allstate, etc.) but when I try to login I can't. I seem to be able to login in to some sites by going through IE, but not all sites. Please HELP, as this is the only way we conduct business, so I have to be able to log in and pay ASAP!!!

Thanks,
W

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
click start, control panel, network and internet, internet options, on general, delete files, tick include offline content, delete cookies, clear history, on security and privacy, click default level, on programmes click reset web settings, this will also reset your home page so you may need to change it back.

A lot of online banking sites wil only work with IE