Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting permission on folder for users with authentication

security permissions password network

• Please log in to reply

JeromeR

JeromeR

• Pip
  • 2 posts

The computer is part of our domain network. one user is always going to be logged into the computer but i want to set up a folder so that only registered users have access to that folder. i have set the permissions on the security tab and added the users from our domain. the problem is that when you open the folder, it asks for the user name and password. after you enter the correct details it allows you to access it. but once you close the folder and try to open it again, it does not ask for the user name and password anymore and just opens the folder. And when i go to the security tab again of the folder, it shows that the user that is logged in on the computer now has access to the folder. i want to be able to configure it so that every time you open the folder it will ask for a user name and password and not save any login information.

thanks in advance

Advertisements