Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Doc file opened with office 2013 and imac give me different informati

• Please log in to reply

criss16yr

criss16yr

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Dear mates,

I have a problem related to an office document. When i am opening a .doc file with an iphone or on ipad (as preview) i can see a header which does not appear if i am using either office, either open office (portable for windows). can advice me why and how can i see that header on windows too? is like having different layers or a hidden header.

thanks a lot

best regards

Edited by criss16yr, 20 January 2017 - 07:04 PM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Try opening it with Notepad (Windows program) and scroll down through the file. With any luck you may be able to spot it.

criss16yr

criss16yr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

thanks for the advice. already tried but no luck. i have the text and some ASCI code before but cannot see the text in plain. any other ideas will be welcomed. thanks anyway

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Maybe the "header" is added by the iPhone, iPad and/or the viewer you are using on them. <shrug>

criss16yr

criss16yr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

nop it is not like that. i've got the document from someone who claims that is an original but opening with preview from ipad the doc exhibits a header with some information from another company looking like it was  copied from another source and i intend to demonstrated even under windows that it is not original

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

How to Find Metadata in Word Documents