Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lenovo laptop G5030 inegrated camera not working

• Please log in to reply

krivsonn

krivsonn

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

HI,

I have a 64 bit Lenovo laptop 5030. It came with preinstalled windows 8.1 and integrated Lenovo Easy camera, which was later upgraded to Widows 10. At the beggining it worked fine. Meanwhile I had HDD replaced. Camera doesn't work anymore. The only prgoram installed afterwords was Kaspersky. I am not sure at which point it stopped working. Device manager claims it works fine. I tried dozen of different drivers and no luck. Starting the camera I only get black screen. Trying touse it with Skype givws same effect (and video call is shaded). Going to camera settings in Skype, image stays black, but the green light on camera turns on. Can anyone help me?

Davor

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Hello krivsonn,

You mention having the HDD replaced, couple of questions if I may;

Who replaced the HDD.

Were the MBs chipset drivers installed to the new HDD after Windows had been installed.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Not heard back from you krivsonn, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.