Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freezes under load (new games)

• Please log in to reply

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

no, i think you're on the right track with software and drivers, haven seen where michal86 says he's checked the intel site for updated drivers yet either but would still like to see a prime stress test and ram check.

not that you need it but i did just run across a good guide to test things with at least 1 thing i don't think either of us has thought of. ie. step 6 disable c-state in bios. :- https://www.driverea...andomly-easily/

sorry michal86, you're going to have a lot of replies to read because of me.

:popcorn:

Advertisements

Michal86

Michal86

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi,

I was trying to reproduce my freeze error, but it did not occur for about a week of 2-3 evening playing of Watch Dogs 2.

But it occured a minute ago when I just turned my PC on (so I would rule out the temperature problem) and launched a FullHD mkv video file, then skipped about in the middle and the computer froze (about 20:21 of CET time) in the same manner it happens during playing games.

Suggested tool BlueScreenView.exe shows no crashes in the whole history of my system.

I am attaching the dump from MiniToolBox. I only see there an Error with descrtiption saying that "previous system shut down was unexpected", but this is after a hard reset.

Thank you all

Attached Files

• Attached File  MTB.txt   34.55KB   201 downloads

Michal86

Michal86

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I just ran the prime stress test on the third option for about ten minutes.

The CPU temperatures skyrocketed to 85-90 °C so I rather stopped it.

But no issues during the test occured

I also ran the windows memory test and "The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected no errors"

Edited by Michal86, 05 February 2017 - 01:56 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

i think it was the game:

back on 1/29:

Error: (01/29/2017 06:32:48 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Název chybující aplikace: DXMD.exe, verze: 1.11.616.0, časové razítko: 0x5821c5a6
Název chybujícího modulu: KERNELBASE.dll, verze: 10.0.14393.479, časové razítko: 0x582588e6
Kód výjimky: 0xe06d7363
Posun chyby: 0x0000000000017788
ID chybujícího procesu: 0x1258
Čas spuštění chybující aplikace: 0xDXMD.exe0
Cesta k chybující aplikaci: DXMD.exe1
Cesta k chybujícímu modulu: DXMD.exe2
ID zprávy: DXMD.exe3
Úplný název chybujícího balíčku: DXMD.exe4
ID aplikace související s chybujícím balíčkem: DXMD.exe5

https://www.reddit.c...bottom-comments

Nothing newer other than some complaints from Microsoft Office that its license isn't good and this one:

Error: (02/05/2017 05:02:33 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2) (User: )
Description: Služba Šifrování selhala při volání OnIdentity() v objektu System Writer.

Details:
AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Protokol Microsoft LLDP (Link-Layer Discovery Protocol).

System Error:
Přístup byl odepřen.

. There is a fix for this tho I doubt it's your problem.

https://answers.micr...44-27800151e21d