Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Registry errors.

• Please log in to reply

David Agema

David Agema

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Is there a effective way to actually fix a registry that has a bunch of errors in it. Like is there a free and safe software that will just fix all of it? I thought about downloading a free software for that but I don't want to do that and the software turned out only to make it worse.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:welcome:   David Agema,

There is no such thing as a registry fixing software free or otherwise and that is why we don`t recommend anything that you may find being promoted online, read miekiemoes' Blog here for a better explanation.

If your OS has registry errors that you need help with please provide the following info;

Are you running Vista or Windows 7.

Do you have a Windows or system restore disk.

David Agema

David Agema

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Phillpower2,
Sorry it's taking me so long to get back to you.
I'm running a Windows 7 64bit and I do have a Windows 7 install disk but that's it. Now that I think about it I don't even know if it's really my registry thats messed up though I wouldn't be surprised if it is. It's just that I did a complete clean reinstall of Windows 7 Home premium a month ago and ever since then all these errors keeps popping up like missing .DLLs and missing some other crap I can't think of off hand right now. I think I may have had a different version of Windows 7 on the computer like the one it came with when bought. I cant recall cuz right when the computer was give to me I quickly did that clean reinstall. But if it was a different version then could it be that the computer isnt agreeing with this other version or wat? I don't know.

David Agema

David Agema

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ohya the errors I'm talking about are really the one that pop up when I'm installing games and etc... I've fixed some of them but it just seems like if it ain't one thing it's another with this computer.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Hello David Agema,

No worries you are here now  :thumbsup:

I think I may have had a different version of Windows 7 on the computer like the one it came with when bought. I cant recall cuz right when the computer was give to me I quickly did that clean reinstall.

If the disk that you used for the clean install was a legitimate retail or OEM disk then it would not matter what version of Windows 7 it was, it would only be a problem if you tried to use a lesser version of Windows to repair or upgrade a higher version, Home Premium to Professional for example.

Ohya the errors I'm talking about are really the one that pop up when I'm installing games and etc... 

Nothing to say that it is Windows related then, can you tell us the following;

The games concerned.

Any particular error messages.

How the games are being installed as in from disk or downloads etc.

From where the games have been obtained.

RolandJS

RolandJS

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

For what it's worth, I have been selectively, cautiously, pin-pointedly using Auslogics & Wise registry cleaners, Resplendence's Registrar Registry Manager for some time now.  Because I have ready to restore full images of my OS partition,  because I avoid the shotgun approach, I can often weed not registry errors, bloat; fix some problems.  Like a box of Craftsman Tools for a mechanic, one has to slowly acquire skills through study and practice in order to successfully use said box of tools.