Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop won't boot (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 28 January 2017 - 06:45 AM

Brigham, See if you can force the computer to restart in the Windows (RE) recovery environment by starting up and shutting down the computer a few times using the power on button,... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Brigham

Brigham

• Pip
  • 4 posts

My laptop when trying to start, gets to (please wait for the Local Sessions Manager) message, and goes no further. This problem started after an update. My laptop is a fujitsu lifebook with windows 10. BT router.

Advertisements

HolyCowZ

HolyCowZ

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Have you tried booting into safe mode?

To get to safe mode keep pressing F8 at boot in 1 second intervals. If you can get into safe mode let us know.

Another thing  is have you got a windows 10 disk?

Brigham

Brigham

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I tried to get it in to safe mode the way you said. No joy. I did think that to get into safe mode on win 10, it had to be done a different way. I haven't got a win 10 disc. I have got win 7 recovery disc, but I am reluctant to try this, in case it deletes win10. When I press the start power button I can get two alternatives. f2 which takes me to BIOS and f12 which takes me to another page with a list of four alternatives. None of which I understand. When I cone out of these (enter button) it just goes back to the original fault.

Edited by Brigham, 27 January 2017 - 12:06 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
✓  Best Answer

:welcome:   Brigham,

See if you can force the computer to restart in the Windows (RE) recovery environment by starting up and shutting down the computer a few times using the power on button, if this gets you in, click on the Troubleshooting option then the Advanced option, from there, try the System Restore option first to see if you have a restore point that is before you installed the update that you suspect caused this, if still no access to Windows, repeat the above process but this time try Start - up Repair in the Advanced options.

Brigham

Brigham

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
phillpower2

Thank you. It is working now. Your instructions were spot on.I don't know what the update was that caused the problem. If the automatic updates do cause it again I will know what to do.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Great news Brigham and thank you for letting us know that all is now well  :thumbsup:

You are most welcome btw  :)