Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 suddenly without sound (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer hyperdayy , 16 February 2017 - 01:58 PM

Hello. Today I went to the repair shop to check on my laptop and the sound card is out of commission. Its not worth repairing it, the cost would be too high. The technician has already ordered... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

hyperdayy

hyperdayy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

€3.51 is definitely a much better deal. I will still have the option to have the laptop back and maybe order a cheaper external sound card. I found this one (quite similar to the one you referred).

Edited by hyperdayy, 12 February 2017 - 06:21 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Link not working properly for me I`m afraid, not getting any pics but if you are happy to pay €12.90 should it be required then fine :thumbsup:  

hyperdayy

hyperdayy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Strange that you can't open the link. I must have done something wrong. Here's a picture:

Attached Thumbnails

• Sound.JPG

Edited by hyperdayy, 12 February 2017 - 05:19 PM.

tonytranupg

tonytranupg

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Greetings everyone!

I've upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my laptop a few months ago. Everything was working fine until about a week ago when I stopped having sound on my USB speakers, only on the laptop speakers. And on the same day, the laptop speakers stopped working as well. Right now I have no sound output, even on my headphones. I tried updating the sound driver (both the high definition audio device and the IDT high definition audio CODEC, I did a system restore, I've reinstalled Windows 10 and I still have no sound on any device. The green bar on the right of the default sound device shows activity when a video or music is played. Needless to say that the sound is not muted. When I did a system restore I got back the sound until I restarted Windows and ended up having no sound again.

My laptop is a HP Probook 640.

Any ideas...?

Thank you.

Have you resolved the issue yet? I'm encountering the same issue like you at this moment.

hyperdayy

hyperdayy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Greetings everyone!

I've upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my laptop a few months ago. Everything was working fine until about a week ago when I stopped having sound on my USB speakers, only on the laptop speakers. And on the same day, the laptop speakers stopped working as well. Right now I have no sound output, even on my headphones. I tried updating the sound driver (both the high definition audio device and the IDT high definition audio CODEC, I did a system restore, I've reinstalled Windows 10 and I still have no sound on any device. The green bar on the right of the default sound device shows activity when a video or music is played. Needless to say that the sound is not muted. When I did a system restore I got back the sound until I restarted Windows and ended up having no sound again.

Any ideas...?

Thank you.

Have you resolved the issue yet? I'm encountering the same issue like you at this moment.

Hello.

I took my laptop for repairing. I'm still wating for a call from the technician. I'll keep you posted!

tonytranupg

tonytranupg

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Greetings everyone!

Any ideas...?

Thank you.

Hello.

I took my laptop for repairing. I'm still wating for a call from the technician. I'll keep you posted!

Is it really a hardware issue or only software-related?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Strange that you can't open the link. I must have done something wrong. Here's a picture:

That looks to be the same as the one in my link only more expensive  :(

Btw, your link worked but showed no images, see attached screeny below of what I get;

hyperdayy

hyperdayy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Greetings everyone!

Any ideas...?

Thank you.

Hello.

Is it really a hardware issue or only software-related?

I still have no news from the repair shop but I truly believe that it's a hardware issue. I will be able to check on my laptop next Thursday only.

hyperdayy

hyperdayy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello. Today I went to the repair shop to check on my laptop and the sound card is out of commission. Its not worth repairing it, the cost would be too high. The technician has already ordered an external USB sound card. I'm OK with that since the display is broken and I've been using the laptop as a desktop.

Thank you for all the effort!

This topic may be closed.

Edited by hyperdayy, 18 February 2017 - 05:11 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

While not ideal you have at least had it confirmed that as suspected it was a hardware as opposed to a software issue.

JAFYI: Tech topics are not normally closed but marked as being solved when the thread has been concluded  :thumbsup:

Would you be so kind as to let us know how you find the quality of the USB sound card, the info may prove helpful to others that may read your thread looking for help with the same kind of problem.

You are welcome btw and thank you for the update  :)

Advertisements

hyperdayy

hyperdayy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Would you be so kind as to let us know how you find the quality of the USB sound card, the info may prove helpful to others that may read your thread looking for help with the same kind of problem.

I will definitely tell you about the quality of the sound card. I hope to have it installed next Monday.

Edited by hyperdayy, 18 February 2017 - 05:14 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Thanks hyperdayy  :thumbsup:

hyperdayy

hyperdayy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I finally have my laptop back. The external sound card works like a charm and it costed €17. Well, not bad at all.

The only thing is that the DTS Audio+ no longer works. It has some nice audio enhancements and equalizer and it would be perfect to be able to use it again.

Attached Thumbnails

• Sound_1.jpg
  • Sound_2.jpg
  • Sound_3.jpg

Edited by hyperdayy, 24 February 2017 - 03:39 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Glad to hear that you now have audio working and thank you for sharing the additional information with us hyperdayy  :thumbsup: