Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

new to the tech like world and was wondering about 2in1 laptops

• Please log in to reply

doesitmatter

doesitmatter

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Are 2in1 laptops really laptops, or are they just tablets that come with a keyboard? Do they have the same functions of a laptop(on sites, office,etc..). Can you replace the RAM and Processor? Are these good for someone who is going to college(nursing and some criminal psychology...)? Can they do whatever a laptop can do? I want something really small, with some serious Ram and a high end Processor. I care not for lots of extra memory(down-loadable), I normally use SD cards, and thumb drives. My one and only computer was a like an HP something that came out in 2006. I kept up with for so long, put a lot of money into it, but it gave out. I really despised it. Sooooo slow, even with new memory and so on... 

I'm sorry this was just a bunch of questions, but I can't seem to find the answers to what I've been asking. Also will apologize if I said something dumb, haha I do that often, yet somehow I'm make passing grades... just not tech savvy or really up to date with the world...only 21 and yet I feel so much older...

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 21,508 posts

:welcome:   doesitmatter,

The capabilities of any 2in1 computer will depend on it`s specifications, the higher the cost the better you would expect the specifications to be along with any upgrade path.

I want something really small, with some serious Ram and a high end Processor. 

As a rule of thumb the smaller the computer the lower the spec and very little to no upgrade path.

If you would like us to look for an appropriate 2in1 computer post your maximum budget for us + in which country you will be making any purchase.

drewfromhull

drewfromhull

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I would only consider a Windows surface or Chrome book as an 2-1 device if you are looking into this sort of device for the reason mentioned above are true