Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting Stop code:CRITICAL PROCESS DIED (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer Sweet1621 , 24 February 2017 - 07:11 AM

I just did a factory reset to Windows 7 everything is fine now. Thanks for the help Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Sweet1621

Sweet1621

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Computer turns on runs fine then reboots and freezes with message CRITICAL process died... Called Microsoft they cant help cause my computer won't stay on long enough. Even in safe mode it does it. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Sweet1621

Sweet1621

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Tried a system restore in safe mode command prompt and it still gives me the message... Computer came with windows 7 and has been updated to windows 10 for awhile now

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:welcome:   Sweet1621,

Sounds like Windows may have become corrupt, this can also happen if an area of the boot device itself has become damaged.

Couple of questions if I may;

Is there any data on the HDD that you would like to try and back up, if yes, let us know along with the computer brand and model name or number details, if no, if you have not done so already try using the "reset this PC" option in the Windows (RE) recovery environment > Advanced Options.

Has the HDD been banged, making any odd noises or been slow to access recently.

What is the storage capacity of the HDD and how much free storage space was/is available on it.

Tip

Do not reply to your own OP or last reply as it may lead to your request for help being overlooked, staff and members who assist on the forums will always check out a topic that has not received any replies to see if they are able to help, if you reply to your own OP it will appear to others viewing the board that you have received a reply and so are already being helped.

tonytranupg

tonytranupg

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Tried a system restore in safe mode command prompt and it still gives me the message... Computer came with windows 7 and has been updated to windows 10 for awhile now

I think it's something related to your driver or hardware issue because after restoring, you still got the error.

Reset your Windows 10 PC is also helpful.

Edited by tonytranupg, 24 February 2017 - 05:39 AM.

Sweet1621

Sweet1621

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
✓  Best Answer
I just did a factory reset to Windows 7 everything is fine now. Thanks for the help

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

I just did a factory reset to Windows 7 everything is fine now. Thanks for the help

Glad to hear that the issue is now resolved and thank you for letting us know Sweet1621  :thumbsup: