I have approximately 14,000 songs, 99% are Mp3, that wont play. All are located on an external hard drive. All are in the same folder. I have other songs on the EHD in other folders that do play. I have tried varying types of players from VLC to WMP. Tried playing the files on Android and Apple phones to no avail. I have tried to move the individual files from the folder and tried downloading them to my PC and still nothing seems to help.
I've tried to change the tags associated with the songs and get an error that says something along the lines of 'No data changes as file cannot be opened' or the like.
When I try to play the file, it opens the associated player but nothing happens. VLC gives no error code whatsoever but WMP at least says the file can't be played because it may be corrupt or the path may be in complete or the file type can't be opened by WMP.
If any one knows a fix, I'd be grateful. I have quite a few years worth of work in these songs and would like to not have to start over.