Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SMART TV

• Please log in to reply

xolain

xolain

• Pip
  • 1 posts

hi i have a JVC (LT-48N675) smart UHD 4k tv 

last weekend i conect it to the internet via wifi through my smart phone it worked perfect .

then i got a router then i tried to connect the tv with wifi through the router and it wont connect to the internet but it will conect to the wifi

and i tried to use my phone again it wont conect anymore
i know the router is functional since all other devices are conected to it able to conect to the internet

please can i get help its my reason for getting this tv is now a was

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

I can't find your model's user manaual but I found one for a 55" JVC that is probably the same.

Do you know the SSID of your router?  The type of encryption if any?  WEP, WPA?  The password for the encryption?

How did you get the other devices in your home to connect to the wireless?  Did you use the WPS button or did you choose teh SSID and enter the password?

On your remote for the TV:

Run Setup Wizard: press MENU button, choose
SETUP and then Setup Wizard

When it sets up the network make sure you choose the correct Network (SSID)  and put in the correct password.  IF you are not sure if you have the correct SSID, unplug the router and hit scan.  Note which one disappears from the list.  Plug it back up and once the router is back on line, do a scan again and the missing SSID should reappear.